Please note: All images (except where noted) are original works of Miki Baxter and cannot be duplicated without permission.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Challenge #2: Unconventional Wisdom

The second Project Runway Inspired Challenge, 
named "Unconventional Wisdom,"  
is to create a chic outfit using unconventional items from your home.  

For the Unconventional Challenge on the program, 
the designers were taken to a pet store, 
given a budget of $300.00 and a day to create a fashion-forward outfit.  
For these home challenges, 
we are making modifications so that we can participate in a way 
that works in our busy lives as working women, mommies, etc. 

It's so amazing to see the unexpected creativity 
and wonderful originality that the ladies come up with!  

From a deck of cards...

...to this adorable outfit!
What a cutie pie!

This next outfit is made out of a screenprinted tote as a top, 
a dish towel for a skirt, 
a black beaded belt, 
pink shoes, and a pink beaded bracelet:

Fabulous idea
putting the handle of the tote around the neck as a halter.
And I must have those dish towels, though I'm not sure I'd use them in the kitchen -
I'd definitely want to wear them too!

For my outfit, I used a propeller toy as a fascinator, 
 

wire and ornaments for a necklace,
a skirt layered over a tank top with white crop pants and platform heels,

unrolled a wire kitchen scrubber for my arm,

and used another wire scrubber for a different hair piece. 

I tried to figure out a way to make another hat out of plastic bowls.
Shhh, don't tell Tim Gunn...
I couldn't figure out a way to make this work.
 Join us next week for a new challenge!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment